Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

dedicated

"She said, "Oh, my lord! As your soul lives, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you, praying to the Lord. For this boy I prayed, and the Lord has given me my petition which I asked of Him. So I have also dedicated him to the Lord; as long as he lives he is dedicated to the Lord."... 
1 Samuel 1:26-28

Yesterday was Haley's baby dedication at church. 


I remember standing on this stage three years ago for Aidan's dedication. 
It was such a huge step for me, which may sound kind of funny. 


But in the beginning of parenthood I really struggled with trusting the Lord with my kid's lives. More specifically, trusting the Lord if He decided to take their life. But I had to come to the realization that no matter what, I am not in control of their lives anyway. I can't be. I am a weak, fallen human being. 


But "there is no one holy like the Lord, Indeed, there is no one besides You, Nor is there any rock like our God." So no matter what God decides to do in or with their life all I can say is... 
TO GOD BE THE GLORY! 


And I am thankful to say that yesterday was not a day of struggle, 
it was a day of pure rejoicing and thanksgiving.


And a little bit of embarrassment considering I'm wearing the exact same denim jacket 
I was wearing three years ago. I think I need new clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment