Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

the week, the work, and the women who give up

the week was pretty fantabulous
even though it started off with a loss

a 49er loss to the Giants                                         
we were smiling because we got to                      
wear our fan-girl outfits                               
sadly us three girls had no idea                          
what was going on unless one                                     
of the guys moaned in football-loss-agony   
                   
but by Tuesday we managed to pick 
ourselves up and meet a friend in downtown
but not just any friend, an old co-worker friend,
an awesome friend, a pick-up-right-where-you
left-off kind of friend, a BAKER friend
and to top it all off, it was a gorgeous day


 the last week two weeks have been devoted to                               
working through Habakkuk                                             
Hab-a-kkuk                                               
Ha-bak-kuk,                                                  
its still up for debate                                                
 but in all seriousness, have you ever studied it?                           
I hadn't, and I wish i wouldn't have waited so long                 
its so good, so rich with truth on                                           
 God's holiness                                                 
God's goodness                                                
 God's patience                                                       
God's justice                                                      
 God's sovereignty                                                  
and of course THE GOSPEL                                    
are you in need of a dose of those truths?                     
read it, study it, and pray the last two verses                
you'll be glad you did   
                                                
while I studied Habakkuk
 Aidan studied the letter L
L-for-Ladybug, in case you were interested
     And it was ladybug everything
 ladybug cutting, ladybug writing,
ladybug crafting, ladybug matching
 in fact i wouldn't mind if i never looked
at another ladybug again
thankfully I won't see one this week
 because we're now on the letter M
   and I'm really excited
   because in our curriculum
    the theme for M is M&Ms!
  its taken apples, butterflies, caterpillars,
   dinosaurs, elephants, fish, gumballs, hippos,
 inchworms, Jesus, kites, and ladybugs to finally
    get to CHOCOLATE!


And i'm totally thankful for chocolate
but even before that
I'm thankful that my friend got to bring her baby boy home from the hospital on Friday
I'm thankful that our dear friends made it to Scotland safely to 
begin the work the Lord's called them to
 I'm thankful for the pastries our friend treated us to when he spotted us in the store on Saturday
I'm thankful for the babysitter God provided to watch my girls at bible study 
 I'm thankful for the gift we were given so we could have dinner out as a family last night

and I'm thankful for the women who give up
I was thinking about my sister-in-law who is now a military wife
who's really excited to see her husband today return from some training
which got me thinking about another military wife friend of mine
who had to say goodbye to her husband last week when he was deployed
and i'm so grateful for the men and women who give up their lives
but this week I found myself REALLY grateful for the 
women who give up their husbands
and the men who give up their wives 
so they can give up for us
Thank You

2 comments:

  1. So this ladybug cutting...are you trying to say our 4 year old is dissecting bugs already? I knew that kid was smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome post!!!! Thanks for including me:) And the photo of Aiden by the boats in SF is awesome!! I miss you already and it's only been 1 week:)!

    ReplyDelete