Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

thursday ramblings

A little embarrassed to admit this
but up until a month ago, I had no idea what Pandora was

thanks to millie
 i've been enlightened


i think i'm in love

Aidan's a huge fan of the disney station
we always end up playing "guess which disney movie"

and me, well I'm a sucker for the Mumford & Sons station
probably because about half the songs I'll swear I heard on Friday Night Lights
didn't they pick just the best music for that show?

well its been raining for the last three days
and the Mumford & Sons station has pretty much 
been the best compliment to the dripping sound outside

the dripping that has held us captive in our house the last few days


but don't get me wrong, as difficult as its been to stay in doors in the afternoon
it has been incredibly good for our family
I've been struggling with keeping the girls on a schedule, 
but this week has give us the opportunity to
stick to one
especially the whole bedtime routine.
before now, Aidan would be up until 9:30 or 10
but now we've eliminated her afternoon nap
and each night at 7 p.m. we get ready for bed 


and read our new favorite children's bible


oh, i just love it.

speaking of bible

went to bible study yesterday
and let me tell you, I never come out without a conviction
yesterday, it had to do with my kids
the teacher, was talking about titus 2:4

"and so train the young women to love their husbands and children"

And she posed the question, "are you willing to be interrupted for your children"

So when I'm writing my blog and Aidan wants 
me to watch her jump from the couch what's my response? 
Honestly? many times its "ok, hold on" or "not right now"

or when i'm making dinner and Haley says, "up" in hear endearing scream sort of way
Do i pick her up, or call for Aidan to turn on Elmo? Many times, I leave it to Elmo.



But I don't want my kids to think that my computer, and dinner, 
and folding the laundry is too important to be interrupted
Now don't get me wrong, there are times where they have to be the ones to wait, 
but i can make it more of the exception than the rule.

and that is what i intend to do

so here i sit, listening to the Mumford & Sons station, and the drip drip drip that holds us captive inside
attempting to blog, yet joyfully allowing interruptions from my two little ones, because they're worth it



No comments:

Post a Comment