Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

when life feels like a lemon, just add some sugar

I was really trying to be optimistic about going back to work

but inside, I was weeping

the anticipation of saying goodbye to these faces each day, made my heart sink


Wednesday came with a meltdown

some sweet new friends knew it was Jason's birthday week

and graciously offered to babysit so we could get a date

one that was desperately needed



thank you Happy Hour at Red Robin

and thank you to my incredibly sweet and encouraging husband

I felt like after that night, I had made a turn in my anxiety

and the Lord gave me some sweet scripture the next morning from Matthew 6

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. 

Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. " Matt 6:33-34

And just overnight, instead of dreading leaving the family all day, I was able to just enjoy 

being with them until it was time for me to leave. 

so Thursday Aidan and I hung out upstairs for a while


Friday we went to the park, racing the rain to get there





And today, spent some time at the mall as a family




and I'm feeling much better about leaving to go on my shift in a couple hours

On a separate note

Our new neighbors know how much our family loves Christmas

so they decided to surprise us with some early decorating on our door


a good reminder that Christmas is just around the corner, 

so if you're looking for some super cute gifts



i know you'll find something you love

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. PTL for the His provision in your job and in your reliance on Him!

    i also really enjoyed seeing your face, even if it was just a picture.

    the girls have gotten so BIG! stop it now, little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Carrie. It's all about perspective and choosing joy. Working is HARD. Leaving your little ones is HARD. But know you are there for a reason. I'll pray that you make new friends and have a chance to share Jesus with them. And what fun neighbors! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete