Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

pajama school

Anyone, not just cast members, can wake up Jose the Macaw in the Enchanted Tiki Room. Simply ask the cast member as you enter, while the audience is being seated.


it should be called pajama school

but homeschool is what it is

and this week was our first week 



I tried to be as prepared as possible

1. lesson plan book = check! thank you $1 section @ Target
2. LOTW curriculum = check! thank you confessions of a homeschooler 
for being so awesome that I barely even used my own lesson plan book.
3. coffee = check! in my new favorite mug, no less


but I just couldn't get out of my pajama's


I had our schedule ready...
 prayer
pledge
 daily chart activities
Letter Aa lessons
 snack
 reading
 game, computer, or leapfrog video

And I'm pretty rigid about it. We must get it ALL done in 1 1/2 hours. 
Because after 1 1/2 hours, Haley wakes up from her nap.



I had my daily activity charts



Here's a quick rundown of the week


day 1, I taught in pajamas, and was ready to throw in the towel when Aidan wouldn't recite the pledge of allegiance. In her defense we have no flag, so it is a little awkward. 

day 2, I taught in pajamas, and got Aidan to pretend there was a flag

day 3, we took a day off, but I was dressed by 9am. interesting...

day 4, I taught in pajamas, pledge went smooth, verses memorized, Letter Aa worksheets went great, reading went well (food for thought: did you know that if you just plant an apple seed, you won't know what kind of apple tree will come from it? Just because you plant seeds from a red delicious doesn't mean that's what you'll get. amazing!)

day 5, I taught in pajamas, pledge went smooth, address memorized, difficulty during Letter Aa work, end game was a hit!


I wasn't sure how it was going to work in our little kitchen, but it did
even in my pajamas


And I think she really loved the activities




A little rough, but not bad for a first week

my goal for next week is to make it out of my pajamas

but you know how much I hate goals :)

1 comment:

  1. i love PJ's. same end result. who cares how you get there? and can your next post be the recipe for that tortellini bake please? because i just finished it for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete