disney fun fact
He's Mickey Mouse to us,
but in Iran, he's known as Mickey Moosh;
in Iceland, Mikki Mus;
in Italy, Topolino;
and in Sweden, Musse Pigg.
Among the books lining the shelves of Minnie's house is one in
the kitchen that's entitled "Elvis. What Happened?"
(source: Little-Known Facts about Well-Known Places: Disneyland)
Ice Cream Cookie Cups
In a bowl mix shortening, butter, and sugar until blended, then add egg and vanilla and mix well
In a separate bowl mix salt, baking powder and flour
slowly mix in with sugar mixture
stir in chocolate chips
then lick your fingers
separate dough into two discs, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 2 hours
Once chilled, lay dough between two pieces of wax paper and roll out
use a circle cookie cutter to make circles out of the dough
take a 12 cup muffin pan and turn upside down
then lay square pieces of foil around each muffin cup
spray the tops with non-stick spray
lay out circles of dough around each muffin cup, and smooth around with fingers
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes
Cool for a minute
set on wire rack to cool some more
Add your ice cream and toppings and Enjoy!
I used Pumpkin Ice Cream
Look at my countdown calendar!
Do you see it?
two more weeks, BABY!
We bought our tickets today and I am so excited
But i should mention that before we go to disneyland,
we are going to be apart of a very special day because
We are getting a new member of the family on Nov. 5th!
NO, i'm not pregnant!
But my beautiful sister-in-law is getting married
and I couldn't be happier for her
And my new dresses
I'm happy for them too
i bought them a couple months ago
and tried them on this weekend to make sure they still fit
and THEY DO
So that's what I have to look forward to, but here's a quick look at the past week
1. I now feel like I'm apart of Cool Kid's club because we got iphones. Not sure who's uses it more, me or Aidan?
2. Went to the CA Academy of Sciences for the first time, great day with friends and seeing God's creation. Seriously, I'm in awe. God's amazingly creative.
3. Went to the park with friends, and this spot during the walk made me feel like it really was fall, even though we were walking in 73 degree weather
4. Ice skating with my buddy. I just love her
5. I don't have a picture of it, but I got to see the Holy Spirit work today, as He gave my friend understanding through the Scriptures. It might not seem like a big deal, but I can't tell you how blessed i get, when I see, literally watching, the Holy Spirit at work.