Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

the big move

This last month has been one of the most emotional months of my life
As I said before, the Lord's been doing some amazing work in my life and marriage.
I had planned to write a blog before about the spiritual lessons I was learning,
but I'm glad i waited until now to share

Jason and I have been praying about our future for a while now...like almost three years

Its funny, i was expecting God to open a new door to walk into as we prayed

But sometimes God just closes a door first, and then wants you to walk by faith into the new one

And that's exactly what happened with us

I'm such a planner, so naturally I would shy away from this
But i found myself being more excited and eager than ever to just go with it

it came to a point where it was clear that Jason needed to focus on one thing, and God revealed to him that, that one thing was going to Seminary.

So he is enrolled for a Seminary in Portland, called Multnomah. And we are truely going by faith.

i don't know where we're going to work
i don't know where we're going to church
i don't know where we're going to live

but i do know, that this is of the Lord

And as emotional as these last few weeks have been, because I am sad to be leaving so many wonderful friends, it was been one of the most exciting times for Jason and I

We just want to be obedient to the Lord.

A wise man once told us that "being in God's will is the safest place to be"

and he's totally right

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6

this is why I'm eager to let the Lord unravel the details of our life

And don't get me wrong, i know right now is not the toughest moment
Things are most definitely going to get harder
but my husband and I are so together on this
we feel a closeness as friends and companions that I just can't describe

I'm praying for the Lord's provision for our needs
"give us this day or daily bread" Matthew 6:11

I'm praying against anxiety and fear
"do not be anxious saying 'what shall we eat' and 'what shall we wear'...your Heavenly father knows you need them all" Matthew 6:31-32

I know my faith is weak, so I continually ask the Lord for confirmation
and boy is He faithful

Like seriously, I'm counting tons of prayers being answered just in the last couple weeks

And, I can't help but be moved to tears, as I think about how faithful, and loving, and just, and caring, my God is

it is a blessing to be called His child, and it is pure grace that got me there

Please pray for us, but also please rejoice with us
because our God is awesome, and He only does awesome things!

"Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power" Rev. 4:11


5 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. God uses these times to grow our faith and I will not lie - it is VERY hard sometimes but He is SO FAITHFUL!!! Seriously, even in the past few months I've seen my own faith be tested and sometimes weak but God has sustained it and been SO good to us!!! Praying for you guys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. super sad you're going, but super grateful for the internet. also, super grateful for the all too brief times we've been able to spend together.
    lifting you and the fam up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. carrie. i'm SO unbelievably sad that you are moving (when is the official big day?!?)

    but i am so excited that you are walking in obedience to the Lord.

    that quote about walking in the will of Lord, it's funny, I have heard that a few times this week. and I'm pretty sure I needed to. The Lord knows. CRAZY.

    but promise me you will chronicle all of this. I want to see what the Lord does with you and your family!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, this is so exciting and sad at the same time! I look forward to watching you and your family grow as you follow this calling!

    ReplyDelete