Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

the waiting game

i feel like my life has been at a standstill for the last week

stop. back up. not my life, my future.

life has been going. filled with lots of activities


park days


birthday parties and nature hikes
they tend to happen simultaneously with this friend


saving plastic people


spending time with Papa


realizing we ALWAYS imitate our parents in some way, shape, or form


shooting guns


swinging on tires


getting sick swinging on tires
getting sick watching people swing on tires


spending time with precious family
fighting over watermelon


more guns


and packing lots of boxes

YET.

STANDSTILL.

because we still have yet to find out 
where we will be living

you forget how precious an address is
until you have none

my address is my security in so many ways
so many sinful ways

this has been my greatest struggle these last seven days

every morning I wake up 
completely anxious

YET.

God has been speaking to my heart
and I've been hearing His voice

As quickly as my thoughts begin to question things
 doubt things
scripture and hymns pop into my mind to set me straight

as quickly as my thoughts intend to say "my hope, is that we get a place today"

I only get as far as saying "MY HOPE"

because i'm interrupted with

"is built on nothing less, than Jesus blood and righteousness" - hymn

When I cry out, "Lord, I am so anxious"

The Holy Spirit responds,

"be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with Thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God" - Philippians 4:6

When i go to bed, feeling the stand-still
despairing about the stand-still

my devotional reads

"Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord." - Exodus 14:13

so during the standstill 
that is my job
to just STAND STILL

"wait for the Lord" Psalms says....about a billion times by the way

"Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. 
For our heart is glad in Him, because we trust in his holy name." Psalm 33:20-21

so I wait
some days with a glad heart
some days struggling to keep one

But let me be clear
there are also times 
where we should not wait

1. if you're not a follower of Jesus, and you've been thinking about becoming one
DON'T WAIT.
DO IT.

2. If you are a follower of Jesus, but have been living in some sin, and thought about stopping
DON'T WAIT.
DO IT.

3. If the Lord has put something on your heart, but fear has been holding you back.
DON'T WAIT.
DO IT.




Remember to check out http://hope4sudan.hopesanmateo.org
They need our prayers
and our financial support


No comments:

Post a Comment