Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

moving, part 1: longest weekend of my life

the weekend before the move might have been the longest of my life

but I didn't want to miss any event

however, i ended up missing several because 

apparently August 18th is everyone's favorite date

but before I get to that

let me talk about August 17th

which is one of my favorite dates

and its all because of this little face

Happy Birthday, Haley!


this one turned two on August 17th

and so we canceled packing for the day and celebrated

the day began at the mall

at a place called Hop 'n' Play


and that's exactly what kids do there

in fact there is so much hopping and playing that to get a decent picture is impossible

which is why I have none

things got even more exciting when Grandma and Aunt Corrie showed up



and then of course the massive play-date at the park was the icing on the cake






And then the celebrations continued on August 18th

but not with the birth of my kid

but a shower for the birth of my cousin's

I was there, my family was there, and so was Pinterest



it was so much fun, and my girls did pretty well considering they were the only kids there

of course it didn't hurt that my aunt has a giant trampoline in the backyard


more hopping

and this may have been one of my favorite pictures of the day

three sets of sisters, cousins, friends


we said our goodbyes

and then it was off to shower #2

or more appropriately, A Bridal Blessing

for this hott thang!

|
|
v


when you work in youth ministry

one of your incredibly long, unceasing prayers

is that the students you work with

wait for

choose

marry

a godly woman or man

one who is actively growing in the Lord

one who seeks His will first

and you pray for this, and pray for this, and pray for this

and when it happens its the most joyous occasion EVER!

well that woman

in the middle of that picture

was our answer to that prayer

and it was an incredible privilege to be able to bless her


and the mother of the groom introduced us to a new version

of the old toilet paper bride game, which in my opinion is WAYYYYY more fun

we decorated the little girls

              

they had a blast, we had a blast

it was awesome

Sunday morning

was busy with church, goodbye lunch with some of my favorite people in the world

no picture of them, but YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

we came home, cleaned like mad-people before our walk-thru

and then these amazing people came over

                                   

brought us dinner, helped us pack, and cleaned for us

and then the final move prep began

Monday: Clean and move furniture to garage
Tuesday: pack truck and do final cleaning
Wednesday: say goodbye to the Bay Area

And you know what?
 those same people, and a few more
came back each day

I can't thank you all enough


No comments:

Post a Comment