Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

moving, part 2: I don't even know where to begin

I don't even know where to begin

a month ago we started packing

two weeks ago the goodbye dinners began

and a week ago today we said goodbye to our little house

the house I walked into after my honeymoon

the house I brought two babies home from the hospital

the house that hosted Sunday night dinners for our CCS group

the house that i first watched Arrested Development and Downton Abbey in
(haven't seen them? shame on you)

the house filled with so many memories I couldn't even fill a book


can you tell i'm grieving?

all in one day, it all changed

and I'm not handling it as well as I thought I would

don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting this move AT ALL

God and I were talking this morning, and I thanked Him for making it so 

abundantly clear this was the direction He wanted our family to go

seriously, if He wanted to make it any more clear 

He'd just have to put a big OREGON tattoo on my forehead

not necessary, I get it

I just miss the familiarity

I miss knowing Trader Joes is down the street

I miss walking to the park, my park

my clean non-sketchy one

but most of all 

I miss these wonderful people









and i just realized in all these photos

i'm wearing the same shirt

and I'm slightly mortified

but not completely

I've been living out of a suitcase for three weeks

so I'm excused






some goodbyes didn't get recorded

like with the Hill family, who you don't know

but I wish everyone did, because they're amazing


some goodbyes were from friendships that had just started


but that's the thing about friendships

they aren't based on distance

or time

they're just there

always

and that makes me less sad


No comments:

Post a Comment