Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

moving, part 3: we made it

we made it



and we did it all in one day

and it would not have happened

without all the sweet friends 

who prayed

brought us snacks
(intended for the trip, but also got us through the first four days)

drove the truck!

brought us breakfast at 6 a.m.

and did I say prayed?

we were on the road by 6:15 a.m.


and made it to our destination at around 6 p.m. that evening

Google Maps don't lie


we had a bit of a rough start

ended up doing two moves in two days

and I'm sorry, but I just don't feel like telling the whole story

but the following morning we arrived at our new home

it wasn't quite ready for us, so we hung out at the park for a while 

it was a nice break for the girls


once we got word that the place was ready to begin moving stuff in

we didn't waste any time

which was good, because at this point I think we were all running off adrenaline

the guys did amazing, and God even sent some of our new neighbors to help us too


and He sent us a sweet friend to bring us dinner

and another new friend who brought me flowers

we live in a complex similar to a military base, maybe

all the houses are connected

everyone has a front yard in the courtyard, but we all just kind of share the space

and there are kids everywhere

Aidan made about twenty friends in the first hour


And even though, i'm still going through my little grieving process

God has been so sweet and gracious to me 
by bringing some amazing people around us to make me feel so welcome.



No time was wasted, because the day after move in, Jason had orientation

and the Lord gave me even further confirmation that this is exactly where we're supposed to be



and the girls
well, the girls now have something, they've never had before

a front yard




so during breaks from being outside

I worked on unpacking



and I've been doing it ever since

Greetings from Oregon!

No comments:

Post a Comment